Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 1:15:23 PM EDT
Has anyone used the 1MOA dot variant of the EOTech? I really like the simplicity of a single dot, but am hesitant to drop $400 on the sight just to check it out.

For those of you who've used this EOTech, did you find the 1MOA hard to pick up quickly?

Alex
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is my horrible attempt at removing the outer ring using MS Paint, maybe this will spark some discussion:

Yojimbo, hopefully you won't be pissed at me for editing your image, it was the cleanest I could find.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Why don't you like the regular EOTech reticle?  It is one of the best reticles around.  It has the 1MOA dot for precision and the 65MOA ring for CQB.  I think the problem is that guys focus too much on the reticle.  Try looking through the reticle and you won't notice the 65 MOA ring.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:30:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why don't you like the regular EOTech reticle?  It is one of the best reticles around.  It has the 1MOA dot for precision and the 65MOA ring for CQB.  I think the problem is that guys focus too much on the reticle.  Try looking through the reticle and you won't notice the 65 MOA ring.

Personally I find the sight picture too busy, which is why I prefer Aimpoints. Now if EOTech had a 2MOA dot model then I wouldn't have this dilemma.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:47:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Alex,

Nice photoshop.

Regarding the single dot EOTech, I tried one a while ago when they originally came out.  It wasn't bad but I didn't like it as well as the standard reticle.

Personally, I love the EOTech's 65 MOA outer ring and 1 MOA center dot reticle but if all you want is a single dot then, IMHO, an Aimpont M3 would be a better choice.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top