Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2006 7:40:17 AM EDT
Was wondering if anyone had opinions on hte elcan spect scope.  

also what colors do they come in ?  I saw a pic of one mounted that was OD.  However, their pic on the website looks more tan or coyote brown than anything else.  Do they come in different colors ?

How do people like the scope do far ?  bright ? clear ?  Its $1500, and I'm seriously considering buying it sight unseen from a EE vendor.  

How is mounting ?  

Thanks for the help and opinions !
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a very long thread about this optic on the last page...you might want to read that...there is some *very* good info there from a guy at Elcan.   Or, shoot Mike @CSGunworks an email...he's getting some in this week, hopefully.  I guy named Hepcat has one, but he posted that he's gonna sell it in favor of something a little longer range.  You could try emailing him.  (assuming he's not the guy who has it on the EE lol...I looked for it, but never saw it there).  

It uses a built in ARMS mount, so it should be good to go.  Bear in mind that *some* ARMS mounts loosen up over time; I would NOT be mounting/unmounting this optic a lot based on that.  I have one ARMS mount that is loose on one particular rifle, but it's fine on all the others I have.  

I ordered one of these myself from CS. Hopefully I'll have mine withing a week or so, and I can give you some first hand info.  

I've looked through a couple of Elcans, and I have to say the glass is *amazing*.  If the DR is as good as their previous models that I've seen first hand, you wont' be disappointed there.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't like the external elevation and windage adjustments, it's also rather bulky compared to the light and smaller 4x32 ACOGs.  
I have one on order, when I get it y'all can expect lots of sight picture pics
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't like the external elevation and windage adjustments, it's also rather bulky compared to the light and smaller 4x32 ACOGs.  
I have one on order, when I get it y'all can expect lots of sight picture pics

Cant be compared to the 4X ACOG.  More comparable to the 1-4X variables.  The external adjustments dont ever need to be adjusted so I wonder how big an issue that REALLY is.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:33:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure all ELCAN scopes are already zero'd out of the box for all rifles, it then should not need any windage and elevation adjustment at all
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top