Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2006 4:06:54 PM EDT
Somebody recomended a free float tube on this forum but I have lost the link.  It bolted on to the barrel near the reciever, it is for an A2 carbine to mount an Eotech.  It's been about 2 months since I posted about it.  If you remember this  can you please direct me to the web sight again.  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Troy, Samson, ARMS and MI (midwest industries?) all make free float tubes that attach by clamping around the barrel nut.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Troy, Samson, ARMS and MI (midwest industries?) all make free float tubes that attach by clamping around the barrel nut.

yep, and they are all REALLY overpriced IMO..I just cant beleive they get that much for 'em. seriously its like 3 pieces of machined aluminum..??
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:26:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep, and they are all REALLY overpriced IMO..I just cant beleive they get that much for 'em. seriously its like 3 pieces of machined aluminum..??

Since it is so simple, why not just make them yourself?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:02:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I just put the MI 2 piece free float on my 14.5" M4. Great system and I thought it was resonably priced.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:34:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I just saw this thread and I am also interested in this type of system.  Can anyone comment on the ridgidity of this system?  Is this a secure enough system to effectively mount a front grip or is a true screw on system a better option??   I was trying to get around having to remove the FSB.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:14:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I would personally recomend the MI rail. It's sturdy, fairly easy to install, and inexpensive compared to the Larue or Daniel Defense rails. That being said you pay for quaility, but in MI's case it is a quality rail for a fair price. G&R has them as well as Bravo Company. Both are great guys to work with.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A stripped upper and lower cost the same or more than any of those rail systems (except the ARMS which -is- overproced) and they are just 2 pieces of matched aluminum with a lot less machine work involved and they are made in much larger quantities which should mean lower unit costs.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#8]
FYI

All of the prices on our rails are reduced by $40 each and the rail panels are optional ( or 3 TangoDown rail panels upgragde for $30 - with Troy Custom cut).  They are now starting at $210 for the Carbine to $285 for the AR10 and 13.5 inch rails.

All sizes:
MRF-C 7"
MRF-M 9" (for AR-10 and 5.56)
MRF-MX 10"
MRF-CX 12"
MRF-R 12"
MRF-RX 13.5" (for AR-10 and 5.56)

v/r
Brett
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Brett- Does that mean that you have some MRF-MX 10" forends in stock?  I have been trying to find one for a while now...
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Brett,
What is the width of the MRF-MX 10" rail and weight?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Bump for answer.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone have a measurement of the width of the Troy rail?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top