Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 8:54:07 PM EDT
I know the consensus is that locktight goes on the BUIS, but what about on my ACOG/EOtech?  Should I use locktight on those as well?

Also, where does one get locktight?  Lowes?  Home Depot?

Thanks for ya'lls help.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Not the ACOG-

Put it on the EO tech.  (use something weak like low or medium strength loctite- something that doesn't need to be heated to dissassemble.)

Every screw (including ACOG base to houseing if you are changing one out) that goes on a rifle needs loctite.  

That doesn't include [obviously] the barrel nut, or the pistol grip screw, but some guys like to do stock nuts in absence of peening them on.  

I haven't done the peen or loctite yet and haven't had one come loose (I just torque it heavilly; like 30+ft lbs.)  

Ace hardware, advanced auto parts, NAPA, etc.  Those guys should carry loctite.  Sometimes Walmart, and sears tool centers
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:52:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I do not think you should loctite anything that may need to come off in a pinch (ie Eothingie) - unless you are loctiting to a larue mount.  There should be no need - the eotech will stay tight if mounted correctly.  I am using the RRA Dominator and loctited it.  My eo is dry to my Dominator.

As far as the BUIS - I always blue loctite.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:53:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Wouldn't something like plumbers teflon tape serve the purpose of  preventing screws from turning. Seems like a good alternative for screws that you don't want to use Loctite on.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:13:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Blue (not red) Loc-Tite on screws you want to stay put but may want to remove later!

EDIT to add. Wal-Mart for the best price.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top