Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 1:47:14 PM EDT
I was looking at a Barrett 50 at a gun shop near me and had a Bushnell 10x40 Elite 3200 on it. While I didn't mess around with the scope all that much, it seemed sturdy and clear.

I was wondering if this scope is worth the $200? It's Mil Dot  and target knobs, but I have never used the scope or seen anyone use it.
Is it any better than the Super Sniper (other than the price)?

Any input on the Bushnell 10x40 Elite 3200 would be great.

www.riflescopes.com/products/321040M/bushnell_10x40_elite_3200_rifle_scope.htm

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was looking at a Barrett 50 at a gun shop near me and had a Bushnell 10x40 Elite 3200 on it. While I didn't mess around with the scope all that much, it seemed sturdy and clear.

I was wondering if this scope is worth the $200? It's Mil Dot  and target knobs, but I have never used the scope or seen anyone use it.
Is it any better than the Super Sniper (other than the price)?

Any input on the Bushnell 10x40 Elite 3200 would be great.

www.riflescopes.com/products/321040M/bushnell_10x40_elite_3200_rifle_scope.htm

Thanks

I use one as a general purpose range scope. For $200, it works. My other dedicated magnified optics are either NXS scopes or ACOGs.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one on my Savage .308.  I've put about 100 rounds through it with no problems.  I think it's a great scope for the money.  There are a few folks here that have used them and recommended it to me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I purchased one several months ago & really like it.
Decent glass, good clicks & tracks well.
U can find them new under 200.00 tho.
Think I paid 159.00 shipped.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Only thing that sucks about them is the turrets.

The turret caps have an o-ring on them that can dry out a bit and rub against the body of the turret.   Why is this a problem?   Well one day while cranking on my turret the o-ring bound a bit and the whole turret body unscrewed right from the scope tube.

Other than that little problem, the scope had worked well for me on a 300WinMag I used to have it installed on.    It was just a scope to use for a bit to practice with the mil-dot system and develop some loads.

If you have one, keep that o-ring lubed so that the turret spins freely.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top