Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:32:09 PM EDT
Anyone using this combo out there?  I had  YHM riser which broke, and was wondering if the GG&G riser would make the EOTech too high (it's 1/8" higher).  Anyone who has used it successfully (or not), let me know.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Too high to be able to use you BUIS? I would think so. Have you looked at the laRue Eotech mount? How did your YHM riser break?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, too high for good cowitness with my MAD BUIS is what I mean.  Oh, the little lugs in the front that the two screws screw down into both broke when I was trying to tighten it a littel more (because it kept moving around - bad).  I e-mailed YHM, and never heard back from them - guess they didn't care about the problem.  It was cheap, so I consider it minimal loss.  I have looked at the Larue, but think for $120 plus shipping, I can get a used Eotech and mount in on the flat top of another rifle.  I'm OK with mounting it direct, but wish someone made a GOOD riser that wasn't stupid expensive.  We use the scout rails for our aimpoints, so I was looking at those.  Just thought I'd ask before I took off everything and switched it all around.  It looks way too high to me, so I will prolly just leave it alone.  It forces me to kkep my head a little further down on the gun, which I should prolly do anyhoo.

Thanks for the response, though.  You're the only one.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top