Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/9/2006 9:16:59 PM EDT
What rings and/or mount is needed to mount a Super Sniper on an RRA NM A4 upper that will get the thing high enough to work with the fixed A2 sight that comes on the NM?  I mounted a scope on an A4 upper using low mounts with A2 sight before for the hell of it and noticed you can't even see the front sight or any sign that it's even there.  I never fired the rifle though, it was just for shits and giggles so I don't know if it would have affected anything.

Also, I'd like a mount like a Larue SPR/M4 1.5 QD mount.  Quick detach, rings and base in one mount, and of course will work with the Super Sniper 10x42.  Is there such a beast?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:34:40 PM EDT
[#1]
One more time...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
So are you asking if there is a mount like the Larue, but cheaper?  Or if the Larue plus Super Sniper will work to clear the scope and not see the front sight post?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:15:18 AM EDT
[#3]
you will not see the front sight through the super sniper.
if you are trying to co-witness there is no such option.
if you are trying to mount the ss above the irons it is not necessary since you will not see them even if the scope was mounted right beihind them and the rear would just obscure you view.
if you want to have back up irons you will need a folding rear sight to fold away.
the larue spr would be my first choice in mounts for the super sniper.
the super sniper has a good bit of eye relief which might cause problems when mounting directly to the flat top so a rail extender or cantilever mount is needed.

go with the larue and you wont be dissappointed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Not trying to go cheaper or co witness, just wasn't sure if that mount would work.  Thanks for the info.  Should I opt for the extended eye relief model?  Would that eliminate the need for an extended rail?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Just bought the SS 10X42 Side Focus and mounted it on an Armalite A4 using the LaRue LT139 SPR-E 30 MM.  I shoot with my nose against the charging handle and it works great for me. The reason I got the SPR-E is that the Super Sniper has a 4" eye relief.

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the feedback, that's the mount I'll get.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#7]
the larue tactical spr mount will for fine mounted directly to the upper
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top