Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 11:56:59 AM EDT
Is there a standard issue optical sight used by the US Army on M4's? And what type of mount?

Or is there a bunch of different setups?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#1]
When I got out in 2000, we (11B Infantry) were all issued Aimpoints.  I don't remember what mount we used.  I think now it is a mixture of different sights from what I gather from the guys that I still keep in touch with over in the sand box
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the standards are Aimpoint and the ACOG.

While the EOTech is prevalent in LE, I'm not sure if it's approved by the Army for combat use.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Eotechs are approved for use.  People started purchasing them for use overseas, then units started to purchase them.  They're not standardized across the board, but they are in wide use
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#4]
it would appear that yo can get issued whatever is in the supply pipeline at a given m0oment. during our deployment some units were all eotech some all aimpoint and other units amix of ISSUED optics. plus our squad designated marksman were issued trijicons
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a REMF in Iraq right now.  All of the optics I've seen so far have been Aimpoint.  I beleive the Army designates the M Comp (and M2?) as the M68 but I am not positive.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top