Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 7:55:41 AM EDT
So, dudes, like, WTF?

Before buying the Aimpoint 3xMag and Samson quick flip mount I asked a lot of questions on this forum to make absolutely sure I'd get this right.

I have the Eotech and the 3xMag, mounted on a Samson flip mount on the picatinny rail.
But the 3xMag is clearly higher.
If I look through the 3xmag with my eye centered behind the 3xMag I see the top half of the Eotech window and the "roll cage".
If I lower my head to get my eye low near the bottom of the 3xMag's eyepiece, I can just get a "full" view with the "roll cage" just being out of the view and the Eotech reticle low in the sight picture.

But this is very awkward and I can't believe it's meant to work like this?

Here's how they look, you can see the 3xMag is kind of high. Couldn't find an old thread to see how they look on other people's rifles.

I can't see what I could do differently to mount it? Did I manage to f**k up somehow or what's this all about?  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:26:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You can raise the Eothech or just try adjusting the screws on the Aimpoint 3x as per section 3.3 page 7 of the Aimpoint instructions.

Thanks, you saved my day!

Damn, I had missed that.
Usually I always RTFM but in this case it seemed not to include anything useful so I just skimmed it and of course missed the only important thing in it...

Can't resist posting a horribly offtopic pic. Sorry!

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#4]
what does this screw do?  Lower the height of the 3xmag?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:12:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
what does this screw do?  Lower the height of the 3xmag?

Dunno exactly, some kind of internal optical adjustment.
Has one for both vertical and horizontal. I had thought the allen screws were just something keeping the thing together...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:27:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Now that you have had it a few days, what do you think?

I only just got it sighted in and tried it once but seems quite nice so far.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#8]
not to hi-jack this topic, but what mount would you need to line up a 3x mag. on a LaRue Eotech mount?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's a pic of my set up.  I love the Eotech/aimpoint 3x w/samson set up:  Great choice you made!!

***I haven't had any problems with blockage or distractions when seeing through it.  It may look off or odd in pictures, but it actually lines up perfectly.  You really don't need any risers or adapters.  Sighting is crystal clear as-is.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Can't resist posting a horribly offtopic pic. Sorry!

personal.inet.fi/koti/simon_siivut/aseet/g3mag/g3-eomag1.jpg

Sweet pic!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top