Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 7:21:08 AM EDT
Does anyone know if the ARMS #36 Ex AR-10 OSR Swan Sleeve will work on a regular flat-top AR-15?  Want a riser to bring up my red-dot but also want to go more than the length of the receiver.  I do have an Olympic Arms Firsh Quad Rail handguard which gives me one continuous rail down the top.

Or if anybody has any other ideas.  Right now I am running a Burris red dot, but I want to go to an Aimpoint or an Eotech in the future. Going to add a BUIS also.  

Thanks for any input.

3/2/06
Anybody know where the best place to find a cheap riser? Also looking at getting the #40L ARMS flip up BUIS.  Would like to find at the same place so I can order at the same time.  When I go to an aimpoint or others I will just dump the cheap riser.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:39:09 AM EDT
[#1]
EoTech will not cowitness if you use an ARMS #38, I daresay an Aimpoint will require the extra low mount to cowitness with it.

IMHO it's best to skip the ARMS #38.  If you need a rise for your cheap optic, then get a $15 Tapco riser with the dual knobs.  They do a good job and are inexpensive.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:31:55 AM EDT
[#2]
hug.gif btt
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:56:51 AM EDT
[#3]
the arms 38 will do what you want it to.

the aimpoint will require you to mount in either the arms aimpoint mount with no spacer or the larue tactical intended for the ras hump.

the eothec will mount to the rail/riser but the buis will not work with it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:30:00 AM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:43:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
3/2/06
Anybody know where the best place to find a cheap riser? Also looking at getting the #40L ARMS flip up BUIS.  Would like to find at the same place so I can order at the same time.  When I go to an aimpoint or others I will just dump the cheap riser.

Fulton Armory carries both, but I think thier price on the riser ($25) is on the high side.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top