Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 7:18:07 AM EDT
Occasionally, I feel like I lose the reticle when using this optic.  I feel like my cheek placement is consistent.  

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:45:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Which ACOG?

The TA11 will have less problems than te TA31 or TA01.

You can adjust it forward/back on the receiver until you find a position where you can always get the same cheek weld.   Many people shoot "nose to charging handle" to ensure consistent placement.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think the problem can be cured.  The eye relief is too short and not flexible enough.

Sometimes you will probably lose the reticle esspecially when you are thinking of speed.  

If it's a big problem for you liek it was for me:
Get an IOR.  The eye relief is more flexible and now it comes with a BDC reticle.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top