Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 3:23:46 PM EDT
what size do i get for a 2x aimpoint?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
According to the information from Killflash and Aimpoint, there is not one that works on the 2X model.  Sorry.

Sarge
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Did the same search for my 2x.  No joy after 2 months of looking.  If you find something, please post in this thread.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#4]
i took a chance and im trying the size 3#

if it works ill tell you guys with the 2x's
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#5]
by the way, anyone know the difference between a comp m2 and comp ml2......... besides price
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
by the way, anyone know the difference between a comp m2 and comp ml2......... besides price

ML2 do not have a setting for use with night vision devices.  Unless you have (or plan to be using) NVDs, the consensus is that ML2 is just fine.

What do you think about the narrow field of view on the 2x?  I'm not thrilled, but got the Aimpoint for a good enough price to deal with it for a while.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:26:19 PM EDT
[#7]
actually i just ordered it. im on a friggin buying spree and i bought a compc x2 but the merchant told me he would have to backorder so now i guess the m2 would be cool. bought the cover and was wondering on the killflash so i'm just gonna take my chances on it and buy a size 3#. anyway ive been buying stuff left and right. (insurance check cleared)
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#8]
ok i just got it and the #3 killflaqsh fits the aimpoint cover for the 2x.

one problem though. i've been denied again. second merchant is also on backorder which means I'm not getting the scope.

WHO HAS AN M2 2X?!?!?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#9]
http://www.midwayusa.com/esearch.exe/search?category_selector=all_products&search_keywords=aimpoint

Worth a shot.  Looks like they have the M2.  Definitely call first.

Go here for ARD data sheets.

http://www.camouflage.com/product_list.html
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#10]
SWFA AKA riflescopes.com lists the ML2 2x.  I think they also are ARFCom advertizers, so you're supporting the community.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#11]
i didnt want to name names but SWFA was the second merchant that was on backorder. ive checked the exchange and thats coming up empty to. im screwed!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't know, but this optic may be (or in the process of becoming) discontinued.  If that's the case, the supply will dry up.  A shame, since it is a very rugged optic and can be quite useful.  I was knocking off 1/2" groups at 25 yards easily, and killing clay pigeons offhand in rapid fire at the same range.  That little bit of magnification helps more than you'd think.

Depending on circumstances, it may be possible to talk me into parting with my ML2 2x if your heart's set on one.  It's not on the EE, and I'm not trying to violate the CoC by mentioning this - feel free to contact me offline by email or IM.  You could check eBay, but I saw one go for over $500 a while ago.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#13]
got the scope and its a beuty! I see what you mean by "narrow field of view".
killflash fits great. And just in cased anyone missed it........

A SIZE 3# KILLFLASH WILL FIT THE 2X AIMPOINT LENS COVER.

never let it be said you didnt get the little questions answered of the forums as well.

now if i can only find a mount for the nvm i'll be in buisness!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Glad it arrived safely, and that you're happy with it.  It's a well-built optic, just wasn't my cup of tea. FWIW, I used up an entire roll of USPS bubble wrap on that sucker.  

Now I need to convince the missus that I need another optic as much as she needs curtains for the bedroom.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top