Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 12:14:29 PM EDT
I'm installing a scope into a Larue SPR mount and I'm having trouble getting the scope nice and parallel with the mount so its properly aligned with the rifle. Is there any trick to getting it nice and parallel? I don't have a level, should I go buy one?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:19:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont understand what you mean by level. The rings are already affixed to the mount. When the scope goes in the rings it is level. Unless you mean you are having trouble with the scope rotating on you, and throwing it off because it is rotating either clockwise or couner clockwise.
If you do mean that it is rotating on you, i had the same problem at first when I put my TR21 in my Larue Tactical SPR. I noticed that if I tightned the screws a very little at a time, and then altrernated to the screw diagonal from it and tightened that one up slightly. I continued to do that (small bits at a time)- the scope stopped rotating on me.

Bill
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I dont understand what you mean by level. The rings are already affixed to the mount. When the scope goes in the rings it is level. Unless you mean you are having trouble with the scope rotating on you, and throwing it off because it is rotating either clockwise or couner clockwise.
If you do mean that it is rotating on you, i had the same problem at first when I put my TR21 in my Larue Tactical SPR. I noticed that if I tightned the screws a very little at a time, and then altrernated to the screw diagonal from it and tightened that one up slightly. I continued to do that (small bits at a time)- the scope stopped rotating on me.

Bill

I am referring to the rotation of the scope. However, I don't have any problem with the scope rotating while I'm tightening the screws. I just can't seem to rotate the scope so the crosshairs are in just the right position.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I had this issue with my SPR mount, what I did to sovle the problem was to get the scope snug inside the mount then I put it on my bench to get the reticle lined up how I wanted it and slowly torqued the bolts down. It still took me a few tries to get it just right.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm installing a scope into a Larue SPR mount and I'm having trouble getting the scope nice and parallel with the mount so its properly aligned with the rifle. Is there any trick to getting it nice and parallel? I don't have a level, should I go buy one?

Just ask the expert...

HOW TO MOUNT A SCOPE IN A LARUE SPR SCOPE MOUNT ... THE EASY WAY ...  

No level needed
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top