Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 10:04:39 AM EDT
I am wanting to outfit a camping AR15 with a red dot and a local shop here in Tulsa has some Meprolight 21s (the Reflex clone).

What do you guys think of them for a woods gun? I am not concerned with combat aplications or washout under harsh outdoor lighting, just a quick no mag dot for small to medium game. Plus I think the whole no batteries thing is pretty neet.

Would you guys say it is durable? It seems so simple, one pane of glass, the non electrical innards, ect.  

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:23:00 PM EDT
[#1]
i like the way it looks better than a acog.  expensive though.  
these guys like it
predatorcustomshop.com/Carnivore.php
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think anyone likes them here because of washout, which they will.

With that said,  I have had one for about three years and it works great.
I use mine for hunting hogs and it has been replaced over and over by eotech, aimpoint, cqt, accupoint, and a few other scopes and cheap red dots, BUT it always finds its way back on my ar because it is the best I have found for what I use it for.  I'm trying an acog next, and if that doesn't work better, mepor21 stays forever.

My complaint of the sight is the light source that shines the dot on the glass can be covered up (leaf, stick, etc.) This has only happened to me once with lots of use.  The other complaint is the dark glass;  hard to see "target" when cowitnessing irons for longer shots, but it is useable.
In my opinion its pros outweigh the cons for my intended use.

I would try and find a used one or a trijicon used(they are easier to find) because they are about half price.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#3]
A Trijicon Reflex I'd have no problems telling you to get one for your camping gun.  I'd stay way from anything Mepro.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#4]
i had a mepro, its nice but had some kind of filter so you couldn't see red through it, you couldn't shoot at orange clays cause you couldn't see them, it was weird.   I bought it off ebay cheap and sold it and made some $.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top