Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 7:29:03 AM EDT
Maybe it is just my impression, but almost anytime someone brings up the word IOR, so many people say the scopes are crap.  I have owned IOR and Leupold scopes and the IOR has held it's own or IMO beat the Leupold.  And I love Leupolds.  I own an IOR 2x12-32 and it will hold it's own against most other scopes.  I think it is wrong to compare an IOR to an ACOG, because they are different scopes, except the IOR 3x25.  IMO IOR and Leupold are both great companies.  It is also not fair to compare an IOR to a Schmidt and Bender since the cost is so different.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I with you on IOR quality.  I have a 4x24 M2 and a 3x25, and I've  used them in combat here in Iraq.  They rock!  I like them better than my issued ACOG, both because the glass is better and because on the M2 I prefer the BDC cam to a BDC reticle.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I've heard nothing but the best things about IOR scopes.  Top notch stuff.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#3]

I have owned IOR and Leupold scopes and the IOR has held it's own or IMO beat the Leupold.

Contact IOR customer service (or just about any manufacturer) about a damaged scope sometime and see if it still compares favorably to Leupold.

From the perspective of technical performance I understand they're great.  However, I buy expensive glass and need to know I can get it fixed if I break it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Maybe it is just my impression, but almost anytime someone brings up the word IOR, so many people say the scopes are crap.

I'm not sure I've ever heard that here...ever.  Got some citations of where we might read this bashing?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1

I think you are mistaken paulosantos.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Same here, I love mine.

Though I was told they switched to a SFP retical on thier tactical scopes, which sucks because now if I get a second one I'll have to look for an older one with  the FFP retical which I prefer.

IORs are great. Built like fucking tanks, mine fell off abench when I was trouble shooting on my 308 no damage to the optic and it shot POA/POI when I put it back on.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Same here, I love mine.

Though I was told they switched to a SFP retical on thier tactical scopes, which sucks because now if I get a second one I'll have to look for an older one with  the FFP retical which I prefer.

IORs are great. Built like fucking tanks, mine fell off abench when I was trouble shooting on my 308 no damage to the optic and it shot POA/POI when I put it back on.

+2...  An overstatement to say the least.  

Of all the IOR comments I've read on this site, I have seen maybe 3 or 4 that were truly negative.  One guy did pretty much say the scope was "crap", but everyone else who didn't LOVE their scope mostly complained about the customer service.

I may find out real soon first hand how good the scope and the customer service is...  I'll let you guys know more this week.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe it was just my impression then.  Yes the Leupold Customer service is A+++, but I was pleasantly surprised with IOR's service when I had to return a scope because I wanted more magnification.  (I exchanged my 1.1x4 for the 2x12-32.).  I was initially upset that they went with the SFP reticles myself, but now that I own the 2x12-32, I wouldn't change a thing with it and am starting to like the SFP scopes better.

Thank you guys for clearing everything up and I didn't mean anything bad by my topic, I just think that IOR scopes are very good, especially for their prices (like the M2, Super M2, 3X25, etc), that I didn't want anyone to think that these scopes were crap and buy something else and be disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
IOR is good stuff.  Like most things it is a personal preference at times.  At Snipes Paradise they are worshiped and Snipers Hide they are look down upon and here they are more favored than disliked.  

www.csgw.photosite.com/~photos/tn/729_348.ts1124680714742.jpg

If you have any question fill free to ask,

Mike @ CSGW

www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]

Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks for AR15 Board
What do YOU have to say about CS GunWorks

Can ya find a 2-12 with a FFP retical?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got back from the range really giving my IOR M2 a workout for the first time...

Am an IOR koolaid drinker now, super optics...zeroed at 100m then walked over to the KD line for 200/300/400m shots to see if the BDC really works...it does, after ringing the 200m plate for about 10 minutes, we spun it up to 300 for more of the same and then 400 for more of the same...long story short, I need a longer range to really stretch this things legs and let the wind play with windage so's I can play with that knob too...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top