Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/31/2006 10:29:07 PM EDT
I was wondering if it would be better for me to remove my a-3 carry handle and mount my eotech on there with a buis? Or should I just buy some new handguards like yankee machine and mount it on the rails at the end of the new handguards.

I was told that it was better to have the eotech mounted further down the gun? better for CQC?
I am a police officer and I need to find out the best way.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:49:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I was never a fan of mounting optics out on the HG’s. I also have the YHM 4 railed HG’s and as many others here will tell you they are not intended to mount optics on. If you have a carry handle and EOTech and are a fan of co-witnessing a BUIS with A2 style optics try cutting your CH into a BUIS.

Here are some pics of my M4gery when I was running a EOTech/CCH BUIS combo.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I much prefer "on the flat-top" with a BUIS.

I've found that I don't like "stuff" mounted on my forend.  That's where I grab the rifle to carry, to lean up against something, to pick up from where it's leaning, etc.  With that big-ole' EO on the forend, you've just taken away "holding" space.

For me, the PERFECT set-up (given my big head) has been an EOTech on a RRA Dominator.  Mounted directly to the flat-top is just too low for me (and again, my big head).
 I have plans for another upper/EOTech combo, and that one will be getting the LaRue mount and either an ARMS #40 (left-over) or the LaRue A1.  
I agree with QUIB that you could try the chopped BUIS.  Or you could sell your carry handle to fund a dominator or other BUIS.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:59:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes that was what I was thinking I just wanted to make sure.Thanks alot guys
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:39:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I brought my personal  EO 552 here to Iraq.  I was issued an aimpoint, but prefer EO.  Anyway, back home I mounted it on the receiver with an arms 40L BUIS.  I started out with it the same way here.  However, I moved it to the front handguard so I could mount an AN/PVS 17 night sight on the receiver.  From butt to muzzle I had a BUIS, the 17 mount, and the 552.  I liked having the 552 forward, but didn't keep it there very long.  I moved it back to the receiver because I was issued a PEQ 2, which is now on the top rail.  I keep the PVS 17 on my helmet now.  From butt to muzzle I now have a BUIS, and EO on the receiver, and the PEQ 2 on the  front rail.  You should try to borrow a  forward mount EOtech set up to see if you like it.  Some people claim it cuts down on tunnel vision.  It did seem to do that.  You would definitely need a very solid front rail system to mount it forward, especially for police work, which is what I do back home.      
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top