Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 6:08:05 PM EDT
I have an AR-15 with a flat top and removable carry handle.  I plan to keep the handle on it, no need to take it off since I have other rifles with different optics.

Would there be any problem with Loctiting the nuts?

Also, has anyone cut the bolts down and used smaller nuts to replace those big thumb nuts?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#1]
There should be no need to Loctite the standard thumb nuts. On my CCH BUIS I replaced the standard thumb nut with a ¼” AN aircraft nut. Cut down on some weight and streamlined the left side of the BUIS.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Standard 1/4-20 nut?

Oh, wait a sec, you replaced the bolt too?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn’t replace the bolt, I cut it down flush with the top of the nut. After modifying the CH into a BUIS, I had an extra bolt and nut which you see in the picture.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, I see now, thanks!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top