Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 8:54:19 PM EDT
How is this set up working out for you guys?  Good?  bad?

Reason why I was asking because there is a guy that I know that is selling his for an awesome price and wanted to see if i should get it or not.  Your help is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:18:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I would be interested in hearing also as have been considering it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, there was a brief discussion about this in the optics forum, but I don't recall any specifics.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I've run an Eotech with the Aimpoint 3X, and I loved it.  I like the 3X better with the Eotech than I do with the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:42:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've run an Eotech with the Aimpoint 3X, and I loved it.  I like the 3X better with the Eotech than I do with the Aimpoint.

Do you still run that set up?  Which mounts did you use?  Also, do you know of any place online that I can order the 3X at a great price?  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#7]
The magnifier/EO combo is fantastic.  Currently I am using an ARMS 22m68 until my GG&G arrives.  The magnifier really clears up the EO rhetical and doesn't hamper the EO speed too much.  It has really given me an advantage at the local USPSA style rifle and 3-gun matches.  The 8" plates at 200 meters are no longer a problem no matter how hard the heart is pounding.  Not to mention I pull it off and put it on my M1A or another AR and the same results.  I must say it works much better with the EO than the Aimpoint.  At least for me.

Sorry, I can't help you with the buy, mine was a gift from my bride.

J
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Special_FX_45,

www.rainierarms.com will be able to take good care of you with both price and service.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Special_FX_45,

www.rainierarms.com will be able to take good care of you with both price and service.  

+1 for rainierarms

I had one for awhile, on the samson quick flip mount. It was extremely squared away, got alot of eyes at shoots/ranges. It shot well, definitely could pick off targets at longer distances. To tell you the truth though, with the aimpoint, QF mount, and eotech, it added alot of weight. ALOT. It added so much weight, the disadvantages outweighed the advantages. I ended up selling it, and practicing a little bit more with my EOthingy, and got just as good with that as I did with the 3x mag. Do not regret selling.. To each their own...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Special_FX_45,

Thanks Stickman  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I was wondering what would be the minimum amount (well, lenght) of picatinny rail needed to mount an Aimpoint 3x magnifier (with Samson flip) behind an Eotech (short type)?
How much rail would I need to get the combo to work? Could someone maybe figure this out with their equipment?
Does the Aimpoint twist mount take up more or less space, or is there any difference?

Thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#13]
what is the length of the short Eotech?, I have the long one (pictured above) with the samson quick flip mount and BUIS, I would say that the 3x magnifier, plus samson mount and BUIS in the rear takes about half of the space on your flattop rail. You should have enough space, the only thing with mine( with the old handguard) my 552(longer) Eotech was hitting the top corner of the handguard, that's why I changed it to the rail system. One of the guys in the forum have this set up...scroll down towards the middle of this thread, he has a short Eotech and a Larue mount, not sure about the twist mount tho, sry.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=243713&page=2
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I sold my Aimpoint 3X
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:03:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You should have enough space,

I'm considering this setup for a non-AR rifle and have a little less rail to work with.
Actually I just measured it and the difference is only half an inch or so, shouldn't be a problem then.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I've had my Aimpoint M3 and magnifier for a little while now and have decided it's not for me. I think it's a very versatile set-up but, for me, it's just too many parts to worry about and too many panes of glass to look through.

I've replaced it (at least the magnifer) with a Trijicon Accupoint TR-21R (I've had my eye on the TR-21R for over a year anyway). I'll probably keep the Aimpoint M3 for now to use as a dedicated CQB sight though I may replace it with an EO Tech down the road.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I've had my Aimpoint M3 and magnifier for a little while now and have decided it's not for me. I think it's a very versatile set-up but, for me, it's just too many parts to worry about and too many panes of glass to look through.

I've replaced it (at least the magnifer) with a Trijicon Accupoint TR-21R (I've had my eye on the TR-21R for over a year anyway). I'll probably keep the Aimpoint M3 for now to use as a dedicated CQB sight though I may replace it with an EO Tech down the road.

I also sold my aimpoint m3 and magnifier, except I got the IOR 2x12-32.  I think the Magnifier is a waste.  If you want a rugged combat type of scope that is 1-3 magnification, check out the Leupold CQT with the new reticle with the BDC.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:56:15 PM EDT
[#18]
"panes of glass to look through. "

I have never held the Aimpoint magnifier but if it has 2 panes and you count the EO window as one that is three panes and probably the same as the ACOG.  Maybe the 3x has three and then your talking four which is still low riflescopes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I also sold my aimpoint m3 and magnifier, except I got the IOR 2x12-32.  I think the Magnifier is a waste.  If you want a rugged combat type of scope that is 1-3 magnification, check out the Leupold CQT with the new reticle with the BDC.

IDK, I personally like the Eotech-Holo-reflex sight, and great fov...plus the samson and 3x mag gets out of the way with a quick flip of the lever, and quick & easy to place back on...The leupold you have to dial in to change from 1x to 3x , and 1.5x diam, seems small(eye relief). But to each his own, I guess.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:12:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

IDK, I personally like the Eotech-Holo-reflex sight, and great fov...plus the samson and 3x mag gets out of the way with a quick flip of the lever, and quick & easy to place back on.

I'm a big fan of the 3X/Flip Mount.  It gives, especially for less than perfect vision shooters like me, real precision on longer shots and I can make 100-200 yard hits with it faster than any other sight I've used.
Firing as fast as I could center the dot on the target, prone with bipod, 20 rounds at the center target, change mag, and 9 and 11 (as it worked out) at the other two, all at 100 yards.  I expected some real fliers as I was shooting fast fast fast, but didn't get any.  Now this was significantly faster than I could have done my TA31 or TA31F ACOGs. No centering the tip of a chevron or the top of a donut, just put the red dot on target and break the KAC trigger.

And the only time you have to remove it is for when you weapon-mount your PVS-14.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:29:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
"panes of glass to look through. "I have never held the Aimpoint magnifier but if it has 2 panes and you count the EO window as one that is three panes and probably the same as the ACOG.  Maybe the 3x has three and then your talking four which is still low riflescopes.

I was specifically referring to the clarity of the image. The normal blue view of the Aimpoint seems more accentuated when view through the magnifer.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Excellent Shooting ! -  edwin907

Eotech on a Noveske Recon upper -What do you think ?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Excellent Shooting ! -  edwin907

Eotech on a Noveske Recon upper -What do you think ?

With a 3X magnifier/Flip Mount?  I think it'll be an awesome and versatile setup.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top