Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/13/2006 8:04:52 AM EDT
Who sells a thinner front sight post with the same height as the factory sight.
The rifle is a bushmaster XM15 A2.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought mine from Brownells.

Armalite NM front
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you sure you want to do that?  I find it's more difficult to use a really narrow front post with standard A2 sights.  I normally wind up shooting left or right using that setup.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#3]
kns also offers a thin front site post

dennysguns offers them
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:56:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I want to thank everyone for the replies. I saw that bushmaster also has a slightly thinner front sight post. I may also look at replacing the rear sight apeture to match.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone else had an issue with the KNS sight posts? The detent notches in mine are a lot deeper than the A2 post in my F marked FSB and the retaining pin doesn't go deep enough into the notches. It's also quite a bit taller than the original.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there an advantage or disadvantage of using a thinner front sight, depending upon barrel length? In other words, would there be much of a discernible difference between POI in a 16" barrel vs. a 20" barrel? I was talking to an LEO friend today, and he posed that question, as it pertains to sight radius. He prefers iron sights to optics, and is thinking of changing his Colt's front sight to (I believe) one that has a width of .050".
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top