Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 11:18:37 AM EDT

Are the Trijicon A.C.O.G's parallax free?  I'm concerned about getting (or rather not being able to get) the perfect eye relief with the TA11 or TA31.

For example, with the TA11's 2.4'' of eye relief, can I be anywhere from 2.4'' and in, or does it have to be exactly 2.4''?

For those who have used the TA31/TA01.  Is that super short eye relief an issue?  It seems like it would be hard to maintain proper eye relief when moving into and out of different shooting positions.

Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Are the Trijicon A.C.O.G's parallax free?  I'm concerned about getting (or rather not being able to get) the perfect eye relief with the TA11 or TA31.

They are parallax free along the vertical axis.  The ranges the BDC is calibrated at are correct for those ranges.  This has to do with how the reticle and prism are set up.  You still must maintain good head position.  It is a scope after all and all scopes require a consistant cheekweld.

For example, with the TA11's 2.4'' of eye relief, can I be anywhere from 2.4'' and in, or does it have to be exactly 2.4''?

That is the optimal eye relief.  Like any scope it can be closer or further by a bit but not much.

For those who have used the TA31/TA01.  Is that super short eye relief an issue?  It seems like it would be hard to maintain proper eye relief when moving into and out of different shooting positions.

Not a big deal, however the TA31 hits my shooting glasses sometimes which is annoying.

Thanks for any input.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top