Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 4:15:43 PM EDT
I dropped my EOTech from a height of about 3 feet on to a hard wood floor (a rifle was not attached to it ) ...

Certainly, these things are tested for such abuse and no harm was done?  

I need re-assurance ...
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#1]
It's fine. They are designed to take more abuse than falling on a hardwood floor.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll take the risk for you and give you $50 for the "damaged" sight...
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'll take the risk for you and give you $50 for the "damaged" sight...

Ha! ... I got an offer alot sooner than I thought I would!  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#4]
drop it again..and again..and again.

Builds character
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:35:22 AM EDT
[#5]
OUCH!   That's going to leave a mark!
I'm sure it's going to be ok. It was designed to withstand far worst abuse.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:37:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn, it's ruined!  You should just sell it to me for $50....    Seriously, it will be fine.  I'm sure others have dropped them many, many times....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:41:20 AM EDT
[#7]
For some reason I think it will be ok.

MisterPX

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow photographic evidence of a smart guy intentionally dropping a perfectly good rifle.  

You know little rocks can get easilly stuck in the end of the FH and I don't know what exactly would happen if you pulled the trigger with them in there.  [Besides the obvious potential of scratching the EO tech lense]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Wow photographic evidence of a smart guy intentionally dropping a perfectly good rifle.  

You know little rocks can get easilly stuck in the end of the FH and I don't know what exactly would happen if you pulled the trigger with them in there.  [Besides the obvious potential of scratching the EO tech lense]

Those are nothing, you should see the pics from the SPOT torture test thread.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Dude, you got nuthin' on me.  Got an EOTech 552/F last year, had it in the attic over the garage with some other stuff, was standing on the ladder to get it down, and dropped it right onto the concrete floor, 10 feet down.  Had a ding on the hood where it hit, no apparent damage to the glass.  Kicking myself in the ass all the way to the range, where I mounted it up, co-witnessed it to the irons, and hit the 10 ring at fifty yards with the first shot.

I was impressed, and thankful, and still feel like a fool, but hey, they make a quality, rugged item.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top