Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 3:01:58 PM EDT
I was looking around at scopes. I like Trijicon Acogs, I stumbled upon an ACOG NSN replica, for a prices between $150-$200. Does anyone know anything about these scopes and are they aleast decent for the price?  It looks just like the acog minus the Illumination

Here the info:

Brand new high quality ACOG Trijicon TA01 NSN  Replica 4x32  Scope for sale. (this is not cheap NCSTAR product)

Rubberized with black color  finishing and full metal made.

Windage/elevation adjustable by the dials on the top and side of the scope

Come with Metal backup Front  & Rear  Sights.

Water resistant and fogproof
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
NO  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#2]
hell NO
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
NOPE
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont know anyone that has tried it to know if they are ok on a fire arms. I'd love to try one but not at that kind of a price.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks alot that solves that problem
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#6]
The replica's I've seen are still a red dot, just like the aimpoint/hakko/tacpoints.  i have yet to see any with anything resembling the chevron, or what an ACOG is supposed to look like.

on the outside, it just looks like it, but it doesn't function like  areal one.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a link, make your own decision.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=258652&page=1

For my 2 cents worth, I can tell you from personal experience with the ACOG replica sold by 1337tactical.com on Ebay (fellow from Toronto, Canada) that they are a decent $150 scope. They are NOT a red-dot nor any other type of illumination. Obviously no tritium. The scope itself is rugged and the glass is bright. The reticle is clear and easy to make out. Have not tried ranging with it to see if the bullet drop markings are accurate. The most suspect part of the whole rig is the mount, if you plan to swap out a lot with an Aimpoint, etc then a 3rd party mount might be in order.

Funny but this same guy sells Aimpoint clones and they are reasonably well received here. However, other than a few who have been able to look past vageries of owning the "real-deal" on a non-LEO or military gun, everyone seems to want to flame the ACOG clones, or ACLOGS as they are becoming known. If you are building a plinking or for-fun gun, then this scope will likely server you well.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:09:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Better than the real thing.

Dont waste your money getting ripped by Trijicon.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1...

I can't wait for the Nightforce replicas from the same company!!!

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1...

I can't wait for the Nightforce replicas from the same company!!!

+1 on both
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#11]
This is funny coming from a bunch of guys that thought the SPOT is somehow ok.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#12]
No.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This is funny coming from a bunch of guys that thought the SPOT is somehow ok.

Thats because the SPOT is better than those overpriced Aimpoints
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top