Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 3:27:07 AM EDT
Since the C-More doesn't get rave reviews what about the Bushnell Holosight Gen. III ?
It would be going on a 16" M4gery used mainly for coyote hunting with most shots under 100 yards, anyone have one or used one ?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:43:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Heck if your just using it for coyotes not combat i'd get the cmore, for combat i'd go with an aimpoint.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone else ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:05:11 AM EDT
[#3]
My holosight works great.  I don't know if it's II or III but it's just like an EOTECH without the rollcage.  Waterproof too.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:33:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a chance to trade and pick up a Trijicon reflex I NSN, are they any good ?  Or would I be better spending the cash for a new Bushnell ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:05:58 AM EDT
[#5]
i believe the reflex is considered obsolete.  But once again its a combat sight not a varmint sight.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Am I better off just putting a compact 3X9 Scope on it ?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#7]
The Bushnell Holosight will serve you well. Ive owned one and it held up.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I looked at the Bushnell and the Trijicon at a local store tonight, I have to say, compared to the Bushnell, the Trijicon REALLY was Cheesy, stores price on the Bushnell was $249.00 the Trijicon was $329 ! I'm putting a Bushnell on Lay Away !
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:46:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Heck if your just using it for coyotes not combat i'd get the cmore, for combat i'd go with an aimpoint.

That C-more would do just fine out to 100 yards, as would the Bushnell HoloSight and the Aimpoint.  For "combat" situations, I am a firm believer in the K.I.S.S. rule.....anything other then open sight for combat is asking for trouble.  Am I going to trust my life to a watch battery?  No way!!

All the "space-gun" gadgets are really cool looking hanging all over your AR, AK, or whatever.  But in combat, they are just trouble some.

Now if your going to use them for competitions.....that's a different story.
Scott B
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:48:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm too old for combat now, and I don't see me kicking in the doors to any coyote dens, just want something ligher weight than a rifle scope and still able to be accurate at 100 yards or less, I'm thinking the Bushnell will work.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That C-more would do just fine out to 100 yards, as would the Bushnell HoloSight and the Aimpoint.  For "combat" situations, I am a firm believer in the K.I.S.S. rule.....anything other then open sight for combat is asking for trouble.  Am I going to trust my life to a watch battery?  No way!!

All the "C.  But in combat, they are just trouble some.

Now if your going to use them for competitions.....that's a different story.
Scott B

Wrong!  Or haven't you noticed our boys over in afghanistan and iraq with reddot sights.  If there were so "trouble some" it would be real easy to lose them.  I suggest you take a carbine course or two from someone like Pat Rogers and see who is making the hits and making them faster (between equally skilled shooters of course).  Optics help  you make fast accurate shots which is a good thing in competetion sure but its also a very good thing in combat.  There are ways to deal with a dead scope BTW.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm too old for combat now, and I don't see me kicking in the doors to any coyote dens, just want something ligher weight than a rifle scope and still able to be accurate at 100 yards or less, I'm thinking the Bushnell will work.

Yep and so will the others mentioned.  I'm not sure how much lighter a holosight is than a 4X scope but if it was me i'd like the magnification when i was trying to shoot a moving dog sized target at 100 yds.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I have two c-mores one on a 6920 and one on a FN tps. I think they work great and hold there adjustment well. The model with the on/off switch is the way to go if you can spend the dough.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:25:02 AM EDT
[#15]
The Bushnell is cheaper new than I can buy a used C-More Tactical sight for, so I'm leaning strongly towards the Bushnell now, thanks for the replies !
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#16]
optics dont make for faster shots.  training and experiance do.  irons or dots are personal preference.  during well executed reflexive fire, no sights are used.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top