Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 4:27:07 PM EDT
I have had two of the clones that are sold by Jack over in the EE for a bit now and liked them but had the chance to buy an Aimpoint at an awesome price so I did. Anyhow this one is going to be for my go to rifle and one that I will use eventually when I get on with the local police department. Anyhow it is a Bushy with a carry handle that is not removable. I have seen the gooseneck mounts and my only worry is weight. I had a buddy that had the cheap knock off NCStar gooseneck and it was heavy. I also don't think I want the sight to sit very high like it would on the carry handle.

So my question is doe sthe aimpoint sit that high on top of the carry handle and if using the gooseneck does the carry handle get in the way or is obstrusive to the sight picture in anyway?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#1]
What model?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What model?

Comp M
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I always wanted a Aimpoint but Lumpy196 talked me into a buying EOtech. (only kidding about the Lumpy part). When I buy another AR I will get the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on your purchase!

J/w, how are those clones holding up?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm wondering too..
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Congrats on your purchase!

J/w, how are those clones holding up?

Those clones are AWESOME. They are great for plinking and if I ever get the time off they would be great for parctical rifle compettions. But like many have said I just am not going to have my life depend on one when I now have a real one. They keeo zero very well. I highly recommend the clones if you want to try out a good red dot sight (read no BSA's) and not want to spend the $$ on a good one yet.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Yankeefan, there is a guy on the equipment exchange selling under the name GDS Enterprises that is selling used Aimpoint gooseneck carry handle mounts for 31.95 shipped. At that price I couldn't say no and ordered one yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:16:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I just recently added an Aimpoint to the carry handle of my CAR…….don’t see what the big fuss was all about, I like it!

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:40:53 AM EDT
[#9]
There's a pic of a rifle on the EE that has a carry handle, but the Aimpoint is mounted on a
Arms mount with a spacer on the railed handguard.

I thought it looked cool!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just recently added an Aimpoint to the carry handle of my CAR…….don’t see what the big fuss was all about, I like it!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Metroliner/Aimpoint41.jpg

That doesn't look bad at all QUIB. In fact I knida like it, I may order a carry handle mount too. I just ordered from GDS enterprises on the EE...thanks for the heads up mr.grinch!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats! I just ordered my first high quality optic today, an Aimpoint ML3. Hopefully it'll be here next Monday or Tuesday. I had to order the mount seperately though (G and R Tactical was out of standard height La Rue mounts ). Hopefully I'll get that in a reasonable amount of time too. I also picked up a light tonight for my AR. Then there's the Grenadier Precision rail I order to mount them on! My AR15 will be very happy come next week. I still need to get a good side sling adapter that fits a Picatinny rail though.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top