Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2005 6:39:05 PM EDT
Will this Armalite 1 piece mount allow me to clear the front sight on my m4
thanks.    http://www.jnrifleworks.com/cgi-bin/cart2/display.cgi?cat1=2  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Not unless you also use a riser of some sort, HOWEVER: Unless whatever optical sight you are planning on using is of a very low magnification (3x or so), the scope's focal length allows it to see "through" the front sight, even if it is directly in front of the scope. At worst, all you would see of the front sight would be a slight shadow, which is fairly easily unnoticed while shooting, unless you look for it. Anything higher than 5x, and the front sight will be completey invisible.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks a lot...i'll just take the thing off
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice where did you get it....
and what scope are you using. Looks really good
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#5]
The Scope is a 3x9 40mm Nikon.  THe mount and scope I got locally here in town.  We have a gun show every first of the month, which means good deals to be had.

The mount was 50 bucks and its rock solid.  I like it cause it clears my DPMS rear BUIS, as you can see in the picture.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#6]
That looks like a RRA Hi-Riser scope mount.  RRA Hi-Riser

Very nice, I am looking into a setup just like that.    Do the crosshairs clear the front sight post or are they lined up with it?

-Derek
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:01:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep thats it, RRA.  Everything on the Rifle is RRA, upper, lower, mount.  I think the cross hairs line up with the front sight but honestly you cant see it through the scope.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top