Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 10:26:28 AM EDT
I've been doing a little looking around on the board and have noticed a few guys panning the  Aimpoint CompM2-2X 2-MOA.  I am considering purchase of this Aimpoint because I'd like a little magnification in conjunction with a red dot, but don't want to spend a fortune on the additional 3x Aimpoint piece and mount.  Any comments from users of the 2x Comp?  Benefits, shortcomings etc.
Thanks in advance,
Tony
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:55:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Proabably one of the worst designed optics ever produced and its the one giant pimple on the face of Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember that comment in another thread, I was wondering why?  I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:43:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I concur.  The FOV is the worst of any optic I have seen.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#4]
It was a total afterthought and when you look through it you think... wow what a hunk of crap this was a total after thought and it shows.  Essentially they stuck a monocular on the FRONT of the red dot with zero integration or thoght as too FOV, etc.  The dot is also the same size, the view is twice as large so it covers half the MOA area, thus the 2 MOA rating.

Now the 2 MOA Aimpoint with 3X monocular BEHIND it is another story and I think that was well done, if a bit over priced.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top