Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 6:16:15 PM EDT
Just got this setup out on the range on top of a flat-top A4 configuration.

The ACOG is one of the original models, made lord knows when, certainly back in the early nineties, maybe even earlier. Added a GG&G AccuCam mount, and it's on top of the "rail extension" that goes over the upper reciever. Have also put the ARD Killflash on that, with a pair of flip-covers on both ends.

Eotech is an F-model, again on an AccuCam (yeah, I like the design. Shoot me.). This optic is mounted ahead of the receiver, basically on the rear of the handguard.

Have an ARMS #40 A2 BUIS on the rear of the mount, 'cos that's the only damn thing that fits. Something ARMS fails to mention in the literature, BTW...

Now, having just gotten off the range, I discovered something there that is rather interesting: The ACOG cross-hairs line up exactly with the Eotech, making me think that I have achieved the nirvana of "co-witnessing". Using the ACOG with the Eotech turned on is kinda cool, and seems to work out pretty well with the limited wringing-out that I gave it today.

Are there any more experienced people out there with these sight systems that can confirm this is set up properly? I'm thinking I've managed an unintentional co-witnessing setup, but I'd like to have someone who really knows their stuff to confirm I'm doing this right.

Had no idea that I'd be able to use these sights like this, on the #59C. Or, have I screwed something up?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody has words of wisdom?

My concern here is that I was under the (apparent) mis-apprehension that the magnifying optic needed to be inline with the Eotech. Whole thing seems to work pretty well, with the slight off-set I have going with the rails at differing heights.

Kinda hoping someone who has more experience with the more modern sighting systems will chime in and tell me I'm not smoking crack with the way I have this set up...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top