Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 7:07:32 PM EDT
Any updates here on the Burris XTS-135? I am still on the fence on getting one. I have Meprolight night sights on my Colt AR15A3 tactical carbine with heavy 16-inch barrel. I went to the range last week and had no problems making head shots on my FBI Q target at 100 yards, but I took my time to get a good sight picture from prone.

About three weeks ago, I took an active shooter class that was put on by my dept. All shots were from the move, many from a four person T formation (the "six" in the T didn't shoot.) There I used the large aperature and had an easy time keeping each and every shot in the white of the Q target -- strong and weak side moving.

I have taken the time to get very good with irons. Is the Burris XTS-135 going to make it easier to make precision shots faster? The only red dots I have used have been on .22 pistols and on a Sheridan pellet gun. I shot my Meps a lot better than a guy with an EOthingy (It was sighted in but it was his first training session with it.)

What kind of 100-yard groups can you get with the Burris? Also, can you pick off objects like clay pigeons or pop cans at mid ranges better than with your irons. I'd hate to upgrade to an optic and have it make little to any difference. I hunt with a muzzleloader, so I have been good at making my shots count.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top