Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 7:46:17 AM EDT
Well not really, we prefer to call it durability testing

MisterPX went through the following routine about 4-5 times yesterday, not only with the AR and EoTech but with a sig P226(I think it's a 226) And yes at least twice it landed on the EoTech.

The more I shoot with an EoTech the more I like them over the aimpoints. And the more PX beats the shit out of his EoTech and it keeps ticking, the more conident I feel in thier abilities to take a beating and keep going. This isn't the first time PX has done stuff like this, and I'm sure it won't be the last either.

ETA:The pic of it in the water was the only time it was tossed in with a full mag that I remember. Every other time it was tossed in with the bolt locked back after emptying a mag(as with the pic of it in the air). I think it's the first time that rifle has been cleaned in a long time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want to see Eotech "abuse", you should see a friends.  Roughly 18 months in Iraq and 12 in Afghanistan as a team leader (1st Group)..... it has a used looked to it.

Good to see you aren't a queen with your weapons, we need more people willing to actually train and use their weapons.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The horror!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:19:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you want to see Eotech "abuse", you should see a friends.  Roughly 18 months in Iraq and 12 in Afghanistan as a team leader (1st Group)..... it has a used looked to it.

Good to see you aren't a queen with your weapons, we need more people willing to actually train and use their weapons.

Thats not me, thats misterPX.

We get together a good bit to train here in Wisconsin, well some of us do. The weather yesterday kept some folks from comming out as more folks said they were going to. Oddly enough though it's alsways the same couple folks that always end up showing up for stuff. Someone asked about going out if it was raining and my reply was " If it ain't raining ya ain't training. We don't get to pick the time/place/date/ or weather conditions when some asshole decides to try and do us harm so we have to train in all weather. The only time I won't go is if there is lightning."

Besides, it's only water and mud. Nothing brings out yer inner child like playing in the rain and mud with a gun.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:48:45 AM EDT
[#4]
So that's where the rain went yesterday

I'm glad the EOThingy can take it. I haven't had the opportunity to give my a thorough thrashing yet, but I'm glad it will stand up to a little bit 'o grief

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#5]
OMG!     "They" say only AK's can survive that!!

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Holy shit...it's good to see someone doing stuff to an EOTech that I don't have the balls to do to mine.

At least I can feel confident that it can take it if it ever happens once I have less control over what's going on.

ETA: next thing you know the frickin' thing will be opening bottles with its teeth
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Holy shit...it's good to see someone doing stuff to an EOTech that I don't have the balls to do to mine.

At least I can feel confident that it can take it if it ever happens once I have less control over what's going on.

ETA: next thing you know the frickin' thing will be opening bottles with its teeth

i'll have to bring that up to PX and see if he'd try that?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:02:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine died with alot less abuse.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine survived a 3-4 foot drop test onto concrete.  It came off my AR while I was doing some rapid fire.     Didn't lose its zero, and works just fine!  Pretty solid product.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I like EoTech sights, but I would not do that to my rig.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I like EoTech sights, but I would not do that to my rig.

Really? I do that type of stuff with my guns, just to make sure if it happens, things will work as advertised.

BTW, My old Eotech did survive the water and drop test. But it just one day died(2 month old). I got it reparaired and then sold it. No longer truste it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top