Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 11:31:30 PM EDT
This has probably been covered here but i couldn't find anything with the search about it (I'm new here)  but does anyone run a tritium front sight post and if so which manufacturer?  any reviews of Ashley XS regular dot?
thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Trijicon set, front and rear. I don't use them.

Your point of impact will be rather off, since the dot is not at the very tip of the post. So you can either sight in the dot, and lose any distance engagment ability, or sort of 'kentucky elevation' it, and use the dot as a imprecise CQB-only aiming point.

Great in theory, not so great in reality.

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:21:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Also, if you're running a white light on your rifle, the light will silhouette your front sight making the use of your sights very easy.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info...I just built my first AR (armalite lower, RRA midlength upper) but I don't have a white light for it yet and have a chance at a good deal on a Ashley XS tritium front.  I was thinking i would just put that on until I can afford a Surefire handguard mounted light and an Eotech.  The rifle will be used for patrol so mainly Min Of Badguy is the accuracy requirement.  And I work midnights so thought if tritium was a good idea in my Glock why not an my AR...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top