Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 7:36:07 AM EDT
Have an ARMS SIR on my AR, which Arms 22 rings? Low? Mid? High?  Anyone have a pics so I can get an Idea.  My rifles has the Arms 40L as the Buis. Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't bought the scope yet... looking at either a Leupold MK4 30mm tube with a 50mm obj or a Super Sniper with a 42mm obj.  Leaning toward the SS due to price and smaller obj. Have not decide whether to go 10X, 16X, or 20X.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:53:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a SIR and had to use High rings to mount a Burris 4-14.5 power scope.  The Med would work better but the bell on the scope would not clear the SIR rail with the flip up covers on it.  If you don't plan on using the Buttler Creek covers you should be fine with the Med rings.  I believe the Objective was 42mm (not exactly sure).

It put the scope way to high with the High rings (1/4" of clearance between the bottom of the scope and the top of the SIR rail).

I ended up putting a different scope.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:04:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top