Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 8:10:35 PM EDT
I was at the range sunday, me and a man I met were tring to sight in a colt sporter red dot sight, but it just kept bouncing around.  It is mounted on a armalite ar-15 with a 20 in. barel, mounted on the handle.  The nut on the handle is tight, a pair of vice grips made that a fact.  The elavation kept going way off and the click adjustment moved the sight only when it wanted to.  The site was bought at Gunaccessories.com.  Any help would be great.
Icon
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I looked at the website you listed...are you referring to the sight that is actually a lens similar to a C-More/OKO, that is seperate from the projection module and both are mounted on a rail?

If so, I dare say that sight itself is the problem...looks like a POS (IMO), especially for 190bones.  I'd try and return that sucker...if you want a cheap dot sight, get a TACPOINT, or a BSA for 30bones at Wally-World.  A friend of mine used a 30 dollar BSA on both 7.62 and .45ACP FALs with great success.  If you want to spend a lot of money (which I'm fearing you did), save a little more and get an Aimpoint or EOTech.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top