Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 2:50:38 PM EDT
Eotech brags of an 1,100 hour battery life and Aimpoint brags of a 50,000 hour life.  Are these at the Night Vision settings that can only be seen w/ NV scope?  

What is the average battery life of these units if they are used at the "mid" setting that most shooters will be using them at?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't tell you specifically what the length will be with timewise on the units but I can offer up that I bought my two Aimpoints in 2001 and 2002 and have not changed the batteries in either one yet. I don't leave them on 24/7 but there have been many times I've forgotten and left them on for a few days at a time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer the Eotech, which is not what this thread is about....but I think 1100 hours is plenty.  Also, the Eotech will shut off after 8 hours in case you leave it on by accident.  Most people will go years between battery changes.  If you use the Eotech 8 hours a day, it would take over 137 days to go dead if 1100 hours is accurate.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know about the EOTech (even though I have a Rev F 512), but I read that the Aimpoint is rated at 50,000hrs on setting 7 out of 10.

They have completely different illumination systems (some sort of laser holography compared to an LED) so that's why the EOTech sucks more power.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:00:17 AM EDT
[#4]
The EOTech 1,100 hour battery life is based off the use of Lithium 1.5V batteries at day time setting twelve (the same setting that the sight turns on at).
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top