Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2005 7:07:50 AM EDT
Is this normal? Looking at the top of the glass of this sight, I can't tell if it's cracked, or glue holding a piece of glass or what. Can you tell by looking at this picture? Does your Eotech look similar? Just curious...works fine.

Thanks in advance

roy d

BTW....Eotech 512 rev. F, recently purchased off EE
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#1]
That is the collimator mirror at the top of the sight housing. What appears to be a crack is the compound used to glue the mirror to the sight housing. As it refracts through the mirror, it looks odd, like maybe broken glass. Don't worry, it is completely normal and has no effect on the function or performance of the sight. It is supposed to be there.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool, thanks for the info. I figured as much, but hadn't noticed it before on others. I guess when you finally fork over the cash for one, you become overly critical. Just my OCD kicking in...I guess I should just go shoot it and STFU!!!!

roy d
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:19:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Cool, thanks for the info. I figured as much, but hadn't noticed it before on others. I guess when you finally fork over the cash for one, you become overly critical. Just my OCD kicking in...I guess I should just go shoot it and STFU!!!!

roy d

Sounds like a plan.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top