Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 5:03:23 AM EDT
There are some allen screws on the ARMS 39A2 and I wondered if they are adjustment points for the user.

My Bushmaster AR15 carbine is shooting low, even after a 25-click adjustment on the EOTech 512 scope  mounted over the hand guards.

Bill

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks very much, Mike.

I'll crank in more clicks.

Much appreciated!

Bill
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:54:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:52:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I later noticed that the brush guard on the ARMS 39A2 front was pushed tight against the AR-15 hand guard.  That is, it may have kept the 39A2 pointing up slightly.

I remounted the 39A2, after swinging the brush guard out to the side.  There was a dent in the hand guard from the previous mounting.

The brush guard is not required for my use.

I'll see if there is a change in the impact point, before adjusting the Eotech.

My initial sighting efforts were at 25 yards.  I hope that is not the problem.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:55:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My initial sighting efforts were at 25 yards.  I hope that is not the problem.

FWIW most use the IBZ Santose method 50 yard zero described here: http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/zeroingmethods.msnw, with red-dots such as your EO or Aimpoints.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:11:57 AM EDT
[#6]
50 yards it will be.

Thanks, Mike.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top