Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 10:49:05 AM EDT
Well, I was wondering if this can be done.

If I mounted my Aimpoint on a Larue QD Cantilever mount and a magnified scope on Larue's SPR mount, could I switch them out fast?

For example, Aimpoint on when CQB but once I need to hit targets FAR out, I could quickly dismount the Aimpoint and attatch on the magnified optics within a few seconds, right? After the "far" targets have been engaged, I could pop off the magnified scope and pop on the Aimpoint and continue throughout the day.

I know it's not practical, but both hold zero even after dismounted, right?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#1]
That's an ideal setup...you could go back and forth between the two in very short order with LaRue mounts.  

I have some ARMS throwlever mounts that accomplish the same thing, but the LaRues are the best solution for this problem...IF you can afford them!  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, each mount together costs more than my magnified scope! (Burris Fullfield II)

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top