Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2005 6:57:07 AM EDT
Although I am getting a LT mount for the rail, when I tried to put my new ACOG in the carry handle it won't fit.  It seems like the carry handle is not wide enough, by like a millimeter, that the ACOG just won't fit without it being forced in.  That would probably do more damage to the finish of both the weapon and the base of the acog.
Just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue or possible solution?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:51:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I just wanted to try it out and see how high it would be.  I was going to try and put some oil on it so it might slip in easier, but I may not be able to remove it.
Oh well.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#3]
FWIW, I had an older A2 style Bushmaster issued to me with my old agency.  I had a TA01 on it and I remember having to push one end of it into the CH and kind of force the other end down.  It left a small mark on the CH but not on the ACOG.    
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I managed to get the tip in but pulled it back out.  uhhhh the acog i mean.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#5]
My DPMS CH was tight for mine as well. A little oil and elbow grease and she was good to go.  I wouldn't worry too much about the finish, you're not gonna see it anyway. And you're NOT going to break the ACOG by being forcefull....
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top