Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 1:15:04 PM EDT
I have a Carbon 15 pistol and the picatinny rail from Bushmaster. I'd like to mount a Docter I have on it.

Will the Docter weaver mount be suitable? If so, anyone know who has them in stock? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:16:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Brownells has what you need. This is what they suggest:

#100-001-428  Fits AR-15 (Flattop Weaver) $53.65

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=19647&title=DOCTER+OPTICS+SIGHTS
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:08:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Not to hijack this thread, but who has the best price on Doctor sights right now?  Is it just me, or do they have a very limited number of vendors?  

eta:  How long do batteries last in these?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:09:26 AM EDT
[#3]
PMC-Eldorado is suppsoed to be the US dealer but they're completely hopeless.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:10:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you Simon Tan.  I'll check them out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:12:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd look at Cabelas. They have some Doctersights. SWFA only has scopes.

I think one of the vendors, MSTN has ONE 7MOA  LE/Mil Docter.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know if they still carry them, but topglock.com had the 3.5 MOA docter for $289.88 and the mounts were $43.07.

Might want to check them out.

I just looked and they went up to $314.88 .

www.topglock.com/catalog/sights.htm
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#7]
That's the standard(civillian) model.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#9]
New-Arguy, are you running the standard Dr. or the mil/LE version?  Is it worth the extra $ for the mil/le for general use?  I have thought about mounting one on an A2 uppered gun.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:54:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Battery life on the Dr is outrageous. Something like 2 years? More than a year for sure. One of the other mods on the site KevinB has one on a gun he deployed with. I swear he mentioned he just left the thing on for his whole deployment. I have one thats been on since February. Still going very strong.

New-arguy, might you happen to know of any good write-ups or reviews of the Dr. Optic sights?  Specifically, I'm interested in the differences between the LE/Mil. model and the run of the mill civvie model.  In your experience, what is the quality of construction?  Any durability issues that would concern you?  I'm not planning on putting it on any of my AR's just yet, but I think I'll put in on a Steyr SPP.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#12]
The unit only drops to low output with the cover on.  I have a Dr OPtic on my M4 as a primary optic right now uncovered and its been on there for over 2 years on the original battery though much of its life was with the cover on.  Its the previous generation and current generation is brighter and longer lasting.  I personally do not see the point in the cover other than for transport or keeping dust off it.  Its not extending the battery life by very much.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#13]
A. Doctor Rocks.....

B. Purchased mine from ultout.com
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#14]
DOCTER

Analytik Jena Docter to be precise. And it's referred to as the Doctersight by the company. How do I know? I called Germany.

Simon
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I got mine from Brownell's with the mount.  I have been very happy with it.  On the thread a while back, the factory rep said the military version was not worth it unless you were frequently submerging your gun.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top