Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2005 11:13:57 PM EDT
Just noticed it on their website, although it might not be "new".

www.valdada.com

Anyone had their hands on one?  How are they?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice glass, but I still can't see the price they want.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:40:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it is up there, but I've been looking at them or maybe a Nightforce, which is in the same ballpark - if not higher.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:53:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Mike, can you elaborate on exactly what you like better about the NF's?  For this AR10, I originally had some sticker shock on the NF prices, and started looking at the IOR's as a less expensive alternative.  The pricing of the new 35mm stuff is right up there though; however, I'm not sure I really need one of the new ones.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:49:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Mike?  Bump.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:35:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:12:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Is the light transmission through the NF NXS 5.5-22x56 on 30mm tube about even with the IOR 6-24x50 on 35mm tube?  I guess the theory is better light transmission through the bigger tube, right?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:06:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Is the light transmission through the NF NXS 5.5-22x56 on 30mm tube about even with the IOR 6-24x50 on 35mm tube?  I guess the theory is better light transmission through the bigger tube, right?

No...the bigger tube only gets you more elevation/windage adjustment.  

A larger objective lens on a scope will get you better light *gathering* because of the bigger lens, but actual light transmission is a product of the lens/coatings, and won't be effected by the lens size or the tube size.

It's quite possible for scope A to look brighter than Scope B due to the combination of all of these things, but if you just pop the lenses out and test them for actual light transmission, the size of the lens won't make any difference.  

If you look at the different scope makers, they claim different % of light transmission on their lenses, but don't differentiate that by lens/tube/objective size.

Well, that's how I understand it, anyway.    

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top