Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 4:42:55 PM EDT
I have only seen the factory cartoon of this thing.  Does anyone have a a real pic?
I am wondering how the condom cover fits over mount rings (specifically the GG&G std. mount)?

Doc
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a couple so-so pics of my M3 equipped 6920. I dropped my camera in 2004, so these are the best I can make.

I still haven't been to the range to try it out.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/Bullitt3401/left.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/Bullitt3401/right.jpg

Scott

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks CSGW and Scott, but still no pic of the rubber cover and no answer on whether it will fit over a GG&G standard Aimpoint mount.
Can someone address this?!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I still haven't mailed out the postcard Aimpoint sent with the scope for the cover

The cover wasn't available when mine was shipped.

Free bump, anyways...

Scott
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#6]
here's a photo of how ""crappy" the Aimpoint rubber cover is.  I finally received mine.

The sight, by itself is no doupt, very nice.  I blew a hole through the bullseye at 50-yds and with about  30 rounds,  nothing ventured outsided of about 1" with a 14.5" barrel.  This sight is awesome, but the rubber protective cover needs some revising.

M.L.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#7]

tag
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
here's a photo of how ""crappy" the Aimpoint rubber cover is.  I finally received mine.

Hello logem (and all others who read this),

i´m from Germany and i send my postcard that was delivered with my M3 directly to Aimpoint, Sweden.
I received two perfect rubber cover´s for free, one in dark-gray and one in tan.

I can´t understand what happened to your covers, but that´s not Aimpoint´s fault! Your´s look as someone has cut with a blunt knife on it.

I´m now at work, so i can´t make photos. When i will back at home i will take pictures from the cover´s.
The only issue that i have with the grey cover is that it is not black! So it don´t match with my 3x magnifier, who has a perfect black rubber. And also i think, the Aimpoint looks better without rubber on it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
but the rubber protective cover needs some revising.

M.L.

Easy fix:  circular file it.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:53:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

www.mlogiudice.com/outdoors/guns/ar-15_related/photos/AimpointM3_w_cover-2.jpg

The sight, by itself is no doupt, very nice.  I blew a hole through the bullseye at 50-yds and with about  30 rounds,  nothing ventured outsided of about 1" with a 14.5" barrel.  This sight is awesome, but the rubber protective cover needs some revising.

M.L.

First off, you're using the shortest Aimpoint mount available and it's directly mounted to the flat top. That accounts for why the cover is so distorted in the front. You're mounting the Aimpoint in a very untraditional manner.

Second, the color of the cover looks a bit mottled but so what.

Third, your shooting results are par for the course. At that range (50 yds), the length of your bbl has no influence whatso ever on accuracy. You get could that type of accuracy from a 7.5" AR pistol.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:49:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I realize that the base doesn't provide enough room for the bottom front side of the cover to properly fit around the front of the sight, and this makes the cover look pretty funny.  Despite this, the rubber has all sorts of flash from the molding process, and the finish is VERY poor.  The tan cover that I received looks much better.  I thought about sending the black one back, but I think I've just going to remove it altogether and not even use it.

Regarding the mount, why is this the most unconventional way to mount the aimpoint?  It's set up to co-witness with the iron sights.  I thought this was quite common, and I have seen many of Aimpoints on here mounted like this.

M.L.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:26:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the pic M.L.
Despite your low mount, the pic pretty much confirms what I expected and that is that there is no way to make a "universal" cover that can accommodate the myriad mounting options for the Aimpoint.
I believe that these things probably belong where all Glock factory sights belong...in the 'circular file'.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Regarding the mount, why is this the most unconventional way to mount the aimpoint?  It's set up to co-witness with the iron sights.  I thought this was quite common, and I have seen many of Aimpoints on here mounted like this.

You're only using a 1/2 height spacer. For mounting directly to a flat-top, the most common method is to use a full height straight or cantilever spacer. Please don't misunderstand me. If mounting it that way works for you, that's great.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Mine is the same way with a full height spacer.  The tan cover has a notch cut into it where the bunching is in the above pic.  Why they are not the same design is anybody's guess.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top