Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 9:40:00 PM EDT
I am the ultimate wizbang optics geek. I drool over hi tech glass and enjoy the weapon sight as much as I like rifles they sit on- probably because I play with lasers and optics all day. I used to work for Elcan in Texas and have had the good fortune of being able to play with thermal systems, various night vision system, etc..

I own a Swarovski LRS scope- the only scope that has a rangefinder built into it. The scope is bulky and expensive but the rangefinder is awesome- range a target, dial in the distance with the elevation knob that is tunded to the trajectory of the rifle and you have a sight that truly needs zero holdover at any range.

That said- Elcan has a new digital weapon sight out soon. It has vid and still picture capability (Like the Adrondack (sp?) scope), digital zoom, downloadable trajectories and reticles via USB. You can download your shots to the laptop. (impress your hunting buddies) Its a large weapon (read huge) sight IMO and probably only appeal to the dorks out there like me who will spend $2K for a digital camera inside a sight but I dig that. Check it out.  I wish it had the laser rangefinder built in though.

I have some of the ELCAN guys coming out hunting this year and they are going to bring some of there new stuff out to play with so I should be able to post a range report on the resolution and frame rates for my fellow optics freaks. Enjoy.  
pic:

link:
www.elcansportingoptics.com/intro.htm

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top