Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 1:03:26 PM EDT
Has anybody used Rock River's Scope mount with the intergral rings or have any imput on them???

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA mount puts the occular lense higher than standard irons (1.4") by about .25", but at $55 is less expensive than a Larue ($140). I went with a used Armalite one piece mount ($60 used on EE, $87 new), and I'm very happy with it. It puts the scope at the same height as stock irons (or maybe even a hair lower) but it's solid. I didn't like how high my scope was with the RRA one-piece mount, so check your cheek weld on a borrowed rifle with one before you buy if possible.

Brian
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one and it works and is plenty high for anything you will want to put on it.  I am disappointed with the overall quality but I guess one shouldn't expect too much for the price.  I am replacing it with Oly Arms SR1 rings in the next few days though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought one on the EE new in the sealed bag, the finish isnt the best but a quick application of Krylon camo black should help. The height is a tad high but not bad if you have fat cheeks

My Armalite 30mm mount is so much nicer but for $27 shipped I couldnt pass up the RRA

Jeff
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:07:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I have two, one on my 18" RRA upper and one on my 20" upper, both are great.  For the money you cannot beat them.

77Bronc
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one that I may let go to help finance a future ACOG.  I used it for only about 50 rounds with a Bushnell 10x40 mildot but then I got an Aimpoint.  Never used it since.  It has a nice finish and mounts easily.  Let me know if ur interested.  I can post some pics tonight.

-Mark

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top