Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2005 12:45:08 PM EDT
Setup will be 20" 5R SS on Mega flattop and lower.  Plan on free floating w/ service rifle tube.  Scope will be Mark IV 3.5-10x40 M1.  Looking at the above rings GG&G $99.95, Leupold Mark IV $115 or Leupold QRW rings for $65.00. Suggestions/comments please.   Also what height rings should I use and  I have a GG&G rail extension if needed.  Thanks, Nelson
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Olympic Arms makes a nice set of 30mm rings.  $48 and just as good as most twice the price.  I've got a couple sets on my rifles and i'm happy with them.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at the TPS TSR series rings.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:21:08 PM EDT
[#3]
A couple of months back I put together a scoped upper from spare parts to work up some handloads. For mounting the scope I dug out a set of medium height Leupold 1" QRW rings and attached them to a GG&G Scout length rail. The scope centerline is roughly 2 5/8" above the bore centerline.

It's useable, but I think high rings might be a better choice.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  I'm going to try the QRW in medium.  Nelson
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#5]
None of the above.   Get a LaRue SPR.

You'll get a great QR system, and forward positioning.   Different scopes shown, but note how far the LaRue CAN be mounted forward if needed.

Here's Leupold Mark IV extra talls, Super Sniper M scope:

LaRue SPR and a IOR M2:

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Why not go the KISS method:

Armalite mount, (avail in 1" and 30mm), which gives proper fwd offset for good eye relief.  That is a Leupold Vari-X III, 6.5-20x40.  About $90.  All one piece, so it gives a solid mounting.

Scope centerline is same height over bore as irons on an A2.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#7]
The Armalite would be my #2 choice - not as good a QR system as the LaRue, but pretty nice otherwise.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top