Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 4:25:33 PM EDT
I want some recommendations on good long range scope that can take a beating if need be that aren't to expensive.  I want illuminated mil-dot and side focus if possible or just some good manufacturers would be good.
Dillon
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Tasco Super Sniper

Bushnell 3200 or 4200

Leupold's entry lines

Burris

Pentax or Nikon
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
wsa gonna post, but the one above hit all the usual suspects.

I like the bushnell elites 4200 series myself.

txl
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Good.....quality......inexpensive........ are not three words found together when it comes to the features you have asked for.  Expect to pay at least $700 for the illuminated, side parallex, mil-dot scope.   Ruggedness of the optic will cost extra too.

If you are looking for an inexpensive scope with an illuminated mildot reticle, companies like BEC, BSA and Tasco have them.  

Probably the least expensive illuminated reticle which is of very good quality will be a Burris, but I am not sure if they have a true mil-dot reticle.  

It would be easier to help if you give us a price range.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:58:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info I would like to keep it under $500 but I would probably spend more anyway.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#5]
$500 is a very good starting point.  Considering if you find something you really like for $600, you'll buy it and not regret it at all.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Dillon
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I really like the Nikon products, have been using them for years.  You can get a top quality Nikon for the $500 price range.  

77Bronc
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top