Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2004 11:26:50 AM EDT
Went to Galyan's this weekend to check out their close out sale (just bought by dick's) and found the deal of the century on a new Bushnell Holo Scope ($35). I think it is a first generation and is the longer rifle model, but it didn't come with a box or a manual. Does anyone know where I can find a manual? Warranty Info? Can anyone give me a little more info on these. I have used several red dot scopes, but am unfimilar with holo sights, but at that price I'll become familar.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked here: Bushnell Holosight?
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I checked there last night.  Unfortunatly, my model is the one without the hood (older model).  

Thanks for responding.
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I checked there last night.  Unfortunatly, my model is the one without the hood (older model).  

Thanks for responding.

I didn't think any of the Bushnell models had the hood  You could always try contacting one of the EoTech dealers here on the boards and see if they can dig one up for you.
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess hood isn't the correct term.  Mine looks like the one in this photo.  Not like the one on the Bushnell website.  Thanks for your help.

Holo sight
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh,  my mistake.  Still, check with some dealers here on the board to see if they have any laying around.
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Why does everyone else get the deals?  I haven't been to those stores near me, I guess that's why.
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I got lucky.  The guy behind the counter said that the sight was going to cost $69.97 and said that this was an older model that had been in the back for a while.  When I got to the front of the store the clerk said that anything that ended in a .97 was clearance and was subject to 50% off.  Needless to say, I didn't argue.  I called around to all the local Galyans and nobody else had them in stock unfortunatly.
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an original model too. The Bushnell II owner's manual covers just about everything.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got this same holosight at agunshow. What is the deal with the button that has a battery on it? It didn't come with a manual or box.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:39:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I also bought one at a gunshow this past weekend. It appears to be brand new. It was in the box with instructions. I have mounted it on my AR. The rectical appears to be a little fuzzy. Instead of a single dot and a solid circle I see lots of little dots. Is this normal? This is my first holo sight.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Is this normal? This is my first holo sight.

Yes perfectly normal.  Try looking at the target instead of the reticule - you'll find it sharpens up a bit.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top