Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2004 5:42:19 PM EDT
about  2 months ago i purchased an eotech 551 rev f.
ive bought it to the range about 5 times, it was having probs holding zero, and ive had it pop off the rail a few times in handling my weapon, to say the least, i was not impressed.
tonight it popped off again .
I checked the dovetails on the eotech underside and discovered that the dovetail on the moving locking bar was upside down.
if it was flipped around, the dovetail would be in the correct position to lock onto the rail.
the protective  hood needs to be removed  in order for the locking bar to be removed and flipped over.
The warranty states that if the torx bolts are removed, the warranty is void. It looks like im sending this back to eotech soon.
anyone else ever discover the dovetail  locking bar installed incorrectly?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear that. There's always a few lemons in the batch, no matter how good the things are supposed to be. I'm sure EOTech will fix it up for you, however.

To answer your other question, my EOTech works like a charm.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL...at least yours came with the torx bolts.  Mine was missing both on one side when I got it from SWFA. SWFA passed the buck and told me to contact the manufacturer, so I did. Eotech said "okay...fine I'll ship 2 bolts out"...anyways that was a year and a half ago..still no bolts!

Fuckem.

oh yea...dont tighten the thumbscre down very hard or it'll snap right off.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top