Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 7:45:28 AM EDT
I did a search and couldn't find any results, so if this is a repeat, sorry. I was wondering if anyone has tried one of those crosshair front site replacements. Just wondering if that would help at all with accuracy. I have an A3 16" bushy right now and would like to co witness using a red dot with an A.R.M.S #38  with built in flip up. I would like to eventually have an EoTech, but this is what I can do for now. What do you guys think, am I way off? Thanks for any and all help.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#1]
You mean like one of these?
(side view)

They are popular in the iron-sight only USPSA/3Gun class, but not field-durable IMO.

-z
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Same question, different day: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=207275

Believe you'll find what your lookin for there.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#3]
No, I was thinkin about this one, http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/498001
The screw in kind. Sorry, don’t know how to host pics. What do you think of the rest of my ideas for set up? Would like to know before I dump a bunch of money into something that won’t work out well. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Duuhhh, what ya didn't check the link I posted????? as the exact same item is there, sold by one of our local advertisers, who supports the AR15.com sight..........

Mike
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#5]
ok, thanks, was working on my post when you did yours. i thought i could do a hyperlink by just hitting enter like in most MS stuff, diffrent here, how would i do it?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#6]
If you can't get accuracy with Irons, that piece of shit won't help you either.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#7]
As your typing on your post look to the bottom and you'll see BOARD CODE, pick it and you'll find lots of goodies, like this:

You can align an image to the right or left by adding it to the tag as follows: [*img=right] and [*/img=right] or [*img=left] and [*/img=left]

Note for display purposes I added an * that doesn't belong, but otherwise ya wouldn't get the idea of how it works....

Hope that helps,
Mike
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok, thanks that should help out allot. I am use to same hole accuracy till I tried to shot irons yesterday. Just wanted to improve on it. How does the rest of my ideas sound? Thanks for all the help guys, I have learned an enormous amount of info from you
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:53:24 AM EDT
[#9]
As you asked, and as you already have the Swan sleeve, I'd take a second look at the Aimpoint ML2 or M2 if NV is an option. Yes I owned an EOTech and 2 Aimpoints, I still have the Aimpoints. This is older pic of what your rifle might appear like should the Aimpoint and ARMS #22M68 mount (no spacer need for co-witness):

The EOTech is an excellent sight, but the battery life of the Aimpoints and the single dot issue which more aptly fit my usage preferences allowed me to pass the EO onto another with no regrets.

YMMV,
Mike
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top