BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 3:30:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Could we get more pictures from diff. angles ?   Looks good so far.

LB
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What are you guys think about this BUIS.
Anyone have it. Is this true military issue?

I don't have one, a decent deal on a LMT BUIS came up.  Yes it is mil issue.  Then Manufacture is Maetech

here are the instructions that were posted on here a while back, notice the NSN #,

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this a good choice for 20" flat top? Worth a $100 ?
Thanks again. You guys are very helpfull.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Not according to people who were issued them...

For around $100 there are better BIS out there.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]
ARMS #40 is what most people have been using. It's great and in the same price range.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not according to people who were issued them...

For around $100 there are better BIS out there.

Hmm, I've heard different from the guys that have had them issued.  They worked just fine according to the guys I've talked to that came back from Iraq.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:57:04 AM EDT
[#7]
TN  I spoke to some guys in Afghan that had them on (I went visiting a PX and sat around shooting the shit with some guys)  I recall one guy disapointed that it did not always hold its elevation adjustment and slid back down to zero - and I gathered they would have prefered a "simpler" BIS.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:45:52 AM EDT
[#8]
They are not liked by the troops in general very much. With only a small aperture, they are obviously no good for QCB work if an optic fails. They have a very high atrician rate  do to the constant breakage of the frigile sight post. Sand gets in there and they sound like a coffee mill. Keven pointed out another problem, the elevation can and does somtimes collapes. Other than that, they are great.
Jack
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top