Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 7:45:48 AM EDT
Currently I have the TA31F (w/ TA51 flat top mount) mounted on a A3 flat upper (LE6920).  Last night at the range I found the front iron sights to be extremely annoying.    It's like this blur that's constantly at the lower 1/2 of the scope.  I really want to elimiate this, at the same time I want to keep my iron sights.

Since the TA31F already has a see-through for the irons, I am hoping that I can mount the TA31F (TA51 flat top mount), on top of the RRA tactical carry handle:

However, my question is ... will the see through hole on the TA31F work w/ the rear sights on this handle?

TIA.

PS.  For those that read my BUIS post earlier, that was for the bushmaster w/ the eotech.  This is a different rifle FYI.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Alternatively, I'll go w/ the ARMS40 BUIS then I'd still need some sort've quick-detach mount for my ACOG, can anyone make any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
However, my question is ... will the see through hole on the TA31F work w/ the rear sights on this handle?

No.

Larue ACOG, Larue Mini-ACOG, ARMS #19S, and ARMS #19ACOG are your options for quick detach flattop mounts.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:44:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I just spoke w/ RRA and they told me it will?

I am not talking about co-witnessing the scope, I am talking about using the see-through hole on the bottom of the scope.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:49:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:59:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just spoke w/ RRA and they told me it will?

I am not talking about co-witnessing the scope, I am talking about using the see-through hole on the bottom of the scope.

Why would you want to have FOUR big-ass knobs sticking out of the side of your reciever???

Get a regular carry handle, take the TA51 mount off your TA31F ACOG, put the mount back in the box, mount the ACOG on the carry handle and go forth and prosper.

Thanks for the suggestion!!  I'll do that tonight.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top