Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/17/2004 1:10:10 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with this scope and their AR? It looks interesting to me with its circle dot and 3x magnification. Im new to ARs but I havent seen any discussion of this sight. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:16:43 AM EDT
[#1]
The discussions are here just look back further..
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:46:21 AM EDT
[#2]
C4iGrant seems to like his.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:58:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Negatives: Poor eye relief at high power.  Too heavy.  Only 3X magnification max.  Dim/light colored reticle with no way to tell if its canted.  Poor battery life.  Small objective/exit pupil

Positives: Relatively inexpensive for what it is.  Great FOV. Variable power and lit reticle. LaRue mount available.  Not too long for a variable power scope.

The Nightforce 1-4X will have great magnification, better light gathering/exit pupil, a brighter, better colored and easier to use reticle selection, less length and weight but will cost more.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:09:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I just bought mine from O2Overlander and really like it.
I will agree that the eye relief when magnified is pretty close.
Didn't have much trouble mounting, I used the factory munt but am waiting on Grant to let me know when I can get the Larue mount for it.
Overall it works pretty well for me.With fresh battery the reticle lights up good for me.The yellow takes some getting used to. For a 3x mag it is surprisingly clear and crisp.
Scott
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top